DIY Craft Project: Tissue Paper PomPoms
Brighten up any room with these colorful Tissue Paper PomPoms. Choose your favorite color combinations, combine with them lanterns, and create varying sizes and textures for visual oomph.
Girls (of all ages) will love this Young America DIY PomPom craft project. It’s easy to do and creates original, pretty room décor; they’re playful in a baby nursery too. Pick color combinations like pink & purple, teal & lime green, orange & yellow. Create varying sizes and textures. Shown here with a Young America Sleigh Bed.
Tissue Paper (20 inches x 30 inches)
Choose 1 to 3 colors, or similar shades of the same color, to keep things simple
Monofilament (fishing line)
1. Stack 6 to 10 sheets (or more) of tissue paper, depending on how puffy you want the PomPoms to be.
2.Fold the sheets into 1.5-inch accordion folds, all the way across.
3. Cut a round or pointy shape at the ends of the accordion shape, to give them a flower petal look.
4. Cut a 10” to 16” length of floral wire.
5. Wrap the wire around the center of the folded tissue and twist it tightly.
6. Fold the accordion shape in half.
7. Here’s the fun part! Pull apart each layer, separating it from the center one piece at a time.
8. Measure the length you’d like to hang your pom-pom from and cut a piece of monofilament accordingly.
9. Knot the monofilament to the floral wire and hang.
10. Make some more to create a Tissue Paper PomPom wonderland.